- Partner with the executive director on operational and strategic issues as they arise.
- Hiring and supervision of the finance office staff including IT.
- Develop and recommend policies on budgeting, cost control, and financial reporting.
- Schedule and manage the annual budget development process.
- Maintain operational budgets and forecasts and prepare monthly updates.
- Work with department heads to ensure their adherence to the approved budget.
- Manage forecasts at least quarterly.
- Open and honest communication
- A strong manager and coach of people
- Identify issues before they become problems and solve as necessary
- Positive attitude
- Utmost confidentiality
- Lead by example
- Shows a willingness to accept other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting. MBA would be a plus.
- CPA required.
- Minimum four years of applicable experience with increasing responsibility in finance and administration. Prefer experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge.
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the executive director or CEO of a business. If coming from the for-profit world, nonprofit board experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, reporting and technology.
- Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial and technology policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent judgment/intuition/self awareness skills.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Experience in recruitment and supervision of personnel.
- Strong commitment to developing members of the team.
- Strong math and computer skills. Extensive knowledge of accounting software programs and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to function under deadlines with minimal supervision, while maintaining a calm manner and pleasant disposition is mandatory.
Works closely with:
Assistant Producing Director
Director of Marketing
Senior Director of Advancement
Director of Development
Staff liaison to Board Finance & Investment Committee
Kansas City Repertory Theatre pursues theatrical excellence and advances the art form, creating and sharing stories at the center of the nation’s creative crossroads. KC Rep cultivates passionate audiences, artists, and advocates who are invested in our region’s future. We build community by connecting people through productions and programming that educate, entertain, challenge and inspire.
Kansas City Repertory Theatre is the heart of a great theatre town.
To apply for this full-time, benefits eligible position please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please visit www.kcrep.org to learn more. AA/EEO
Assistant Director of Education – Kansas City Repertory Theatre seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Education. This candidate will play an integral role in The Rep’s strategic focus on expanding the breadth and depth of the company’s education programs. These currently include our student matinee series, in-school programs, on-site workshops, and pre- and post-performance talkbacks. In collaboration with the Artistic Director, Director of Education, and artistic team, the responsibilities of this position include support of current programs as well as leadership in establishing new positive youth development initiatives at The Rep.
— Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in theatre education/theatre
—2-5 years of significant leadership experience in youth theatre classes and ensembles including content design and teaching with a focus on positive youth development and life skills through theatre
— A demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity
—-Excellent verbal and writing skills demonstrating the ability to enthusiastically and articulately communicate with a wide range of audiences including students, teachers, patrons, teaching artists, donors, community partners and Rep artists, staff and board members as well as moderate pre- and post- show conversations with patrons and help prepare written materials
— Excellent organizational and administrative skills with a strong eye for detail and accuracy and the ability to assist in the preparation of board reports, department data and revenue tracking, student matinee ticketing and invoicing, etc.
—Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-heavy environment in close and professional collaboration with other departments with positivity and flexibility
—Ability to work some evenings and weekends in support of audience engagement with Rep productions
—Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook. Skills in a publishing/graphics program (Publisher a plus) and a ticketing and revenue data base (Tessitura a plus) are a bonus as is social media savvy.
— Optimism, energy, a rich knowledge of theatre and a fierce commitment to and clear understanding of providing high impact arts learning through the Rep’s productions and programs
KC Rep is an EOE.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Melinda McCrary, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Projection Technician — Kansas City Repertory Theatre seeks projection technician for 2016-17 season. Applicants should have 2 years professional theatre experience with Video/Projection operation. Detailed knowledge of projector set up, rigging, cabling, media server set up, system maintenance and troubleshooting required. Experience programming and operating Watchout and/or Green Hippo required. Candidate strives to stay adaptable in an ever changing technical environment. This include referencing equipment manuals as needed to accommodate owned and rented gear. Need not know everything but expected to take the time to learn when necessary. Responsibilities include assisting the Projection Designer, gear load in and set up, and operation of projection equipment during all KC Rep shows and special events.
Candidate must have excellent computer and communication skills. Ability to work at heights, good night vision and hearing, and ability to lift 65 lbs required. Position is part of electrics department and will serve as an electrician on shows without projections as directed by supervisor. Experience with ETC Eos family consoles and ETC Sensor Dimmers preferred. Starts August 8, 2016 expected through May 28, 2017. Email letter, resume and references to: Jerry Genochio, Producing Director, Kansas City Repertory Theatre, email@example.com AA/EOE
Subscription Salesperson – Part-time Subscription telephone salesperson wanted, Basic computer skills and good speaking voice needed.
Hours are 5 pm to 8:30 pm Monday through Thursday and Saturday 10 am to 2 pm. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-235- 5375.
No other positions available at this time. Please check out our internship opportunities.