The Milliner/Accessories is responsible for fabrication of all things assigned to them by the Costume Shop Manager. These items include but not limited to: hats, jewelry, patterns, clothes, shoes, leather, and dying of various fabrics. Milliner/Accessories will assist in the planning and scheduling of projects and what is needed to complete the build on time and in an efficient manner. The Milliner/Accessories person must be innovative, think creatively, be a problem solver, and work collaboratively with the rest of the Costume Shop and various Designers.
- PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to read, interpret, and build from designer drawings as assigned by Costume Shop
- Ability to interpret and build from sketches, photos, video, or other media as assigned by Costume Shop Manager.
- Ability to construct, rework, embellish hats, crowns, veils, etc. per designer’s drawings so that they are lightweight, durable, and the correct size for each actor.
- Ability to construct and repair jewelry.
- Ability to distress and age costumes
- Ability to dye, paint, bleach, and use abrasive techniques to distress or alter the appearance of
costumes as per designer specifications.
- Knowledge in the construction and faux finishing of Armor/Helmets/Gauntlets.
- Knowledge of various materials such as leather, metal, and thermoplastics.
- Any other tasks as requested by Costume Shop Manager
- Willing to do personal research on projects to familiarize yourself with designs
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., comfortable with heights, use a lift, and able to work evenings and
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre or related field.
- Experience in Millinery/Accessories preferred.
- Understanding of basic costume building and period styles.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS
Ideal candidate will have a wide range of skills and applicants must have an extensive knowledge of costume building techniques and styles, as well as skills in specific Milliner/Accessories techniques. Ideal candidate is a self-motivated, safety conscious, team player with professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are interested in the position, meet the minimum qualifications, and have a passion for the arts, please email your cover letter and resume using the subject line of the email Milliner to Dan Earnest, Production Manager at email@example.com
MANAGER OF AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT AND SALES
Job Description and Overview: The Manager of Audience Development and Sales (MADS) is a confident and articulate professional who can steward, present, and sell the portfolio and raise the profile of the high quality and diverse theatre performances and ancillary initiatives presented and produced yearly at Kansas City Repertory Theatre (KCRep).
Success in the position requires the MADS to possess enthusiasm, integrity as well as a motivation and innovation to achieve revenue targets and other goals set along with the Director of Marketing and Communications. The ultimate goal is to create happy and engaged patrons, users and customers while maximizing earned revenue in his/her area.
The MADS aims to encourage new audiences for, and raise the profile of, KCRep. This includes the management and administration of the Company’s strategic plan goals for audience development for KCRep mainstage performances as well as their New Works Festival, Education matiness (working with that department), ancillary audience engagement events and activities, and audio description and BSL interpreted performances.
Reporting Relationship: The MADS reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications (MarComm) and will also work directly with managers and directors from other departments such as Education, Development, Production, and Artistic.
- Principal Activities
- Responsible for achieving pre-determined sales target to individuals and groups (civic, faith-based, community, business leaders, others) who have potential interest in attending KCRep.
- Responsible for generating new business and increasing revenue from new and existing clients.
- Effectively communicates the mission/values of KCRep to those who are potential attendees.
- Responsible for writing strong and professional emails, posts, and letters that effectively communicate the benefits of attending KCRep.
- Responsible for effectively using technology and any new tools to maximize efficiency.
- Must work respectfully, collaboratively, and professionally within a team structure.
- Works closely with staff of development, education, production, artistic departments to help deliver successful events and cross-promotions.
- Accurately track, forecasts and reports activities, and report results to management.
- Represents KCRep at area Chamber, association, community and residential meetings to raise awareness of KCRep programs and opportunities.
- Maintain a database of local groups and area organizations and businesses; use discretion in determining which to target for audience building, grassroots outreach, and sales.
- Aligns KCRep offerings with needs of the prospective group/attendee. Is innovative in finding new ways to communicate the value proposition to prospective patrons/attendees.
- Provides first-class customer service and communication to patrons/attendees and prospects.
- Working with Box Office staff, is responsible for collecting payments on own sales pre-event.
- Executes the call plan and sales approach as determined by management.
- Projects knowledge, energy and enthusiasm about the value of theatre and KCRep specifically.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in sales or audience engagement, preferably for an arts or cultural organization
- Excellent communication/writing skills via all platforms – phone, email, letters, and in person
- A deep commitment to first-rate customer service and a patron-oriented attitude with a friendly and positive disposition
- A collaborative and respectful team player with a sense of humor
- The ability to work equally well in large groups and as a self-starter
- Experience using ticketing software like Tessitura, WinTix, ProVenue, etc. a plus
- Ability to adapt to new technology and tools and the motivation and interest to stay abreast of technological advancements in the audience development field
- B.A. in marketing, business or related field a plus
If you are interested in the position, meet the minimum qualifications, and have a passion for the arts, please email your cover letter and resume using the subject line of the email Manager of Audience Development and Sales to Amy Lebo, Director of Marketing and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ticketing Services Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Ticketing Services Manager (TSM) is responsible for overseeing ticketing function for Kansas City Repertory Theatre (KCRep). The TSM provides staff leadership and training and assists in maintaining and managing Tessitura software utilization for the organization. The TSM will manage the Box Office team to develop the use of Tessitura. The TSM works with the Director of Marketing & Communications to generate revenue through various subscription and single ticket campaigns and special ticket sales, and supervises all aspects of customer interaction surrounding ticket services activity.
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent Project Management skills and the ability to frequently multi-task
- Maximize revenue by executing and maintaining dynamic pricing strategy
- Strong sense of initiative and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A calm, professional approach under pressure especially when resolving customer service issues
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment in balancing competing responsibilities
- Exceptional organization skills, ability to set and meet deadlines
- Read and interpret documents such as instructions and procedure manuals
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages
- Acquire and maintain a high level of knowledge with Tessitura
- Ability to work some irregular hours based on need and to occasionally work at offsite locations
- A good sense of humor and the ability to be nimble when obstacles are presented
- A deep commitment to first-rate customer service
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ experience with Tessitura, specifically with season-rollover, dynamic and premium pricing, and pricing rules, preferably in an arts/cultural environment
- Minimum four years’ experience in customer service, preferably in an arts/cultural environment
- Minimum four years’ experience in sales, preferably in an arts environment
- Experience in TRG best practices methodology a plus
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience in using the standard Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and in written form
- Basic accounting skills
- A genuine interest in theatre and in working with the public
- Oversee and maintain relationship with the Tessitura Network as it related to ticketing services, to ensure that KCRep gets maximum benefits from our contracts and services. Interface with the KCRep IT Manager on these responsibilities and tasks.
- Create, maintain, adjust daily sales reports on an ongoing basis as organizational needs shift
- Build promotional codes and pull lists on a weekly basis
- Serve as administrator and stay current on the ticketing side for all Tessitura products and applications (RAMP, TNEW, TNMP and TSTATS)
- Manage high volume, on-sale days working with different departments and the Tessitura Network to monitor and troubleshoot any problems.
- Work with multiple departments to ensure Tessitura data integrity to create/maintain data standards, create/maintain training plans and carry out user training, create/maintain internal Tessitura policies and procedures, implementing and promoting data entry best practices
- Provide analysis of data and contribute to the development of sales and pricing strategy
- Facilitating generation of lists, advanced data extractions, custom reports and sales queries
- Responsible for new hire Tessitura sales and ticketing training
- Be a champion for technology within the organization
- Any other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with/without reasonable accommodations.
If you are interested in the position, meet the minimum qualifications, and have a passion for the arts, please email your cover letter and resume using the subject line of the email Ticketing Services Manager to Amy Lebo, Director of Marketing and Communications at email@example.com