POSITION SUMMARY: Kansas City Repertory Theatre seeks a Staff Electrician to report to the Lighting & Video Supervisor and Master Electrician for the remainder of its 2017-2018 season. Applicants should have 2 years of professional theatre experience. Detailed knowledge of current lighting technology, ETC Eos and Ion consoles, network, equipment, and troubleshooting required. Successful candidate will have excellent computer skills including knowledge of Vectorworks, AutoCAD, & Lightwright software. They must also demonstrate excellence in communication as they will be part of a Staff Department of 4 in addition to overhire electricians during the prep and hang of each show. Responsibilities include working light hang, focus, strike, and changeover for all KC Rep shows and special events. Programming on an ETC Ion or Eos console for half of the shows for each season and running a followspot. The Staff Electrician will also be responsible for knowledge of system maintenance for the ETC network, Sensor Dimmer Rack, and ETC Ion & Eos Consoles as well as maintenance of the lighting inventory including instruments and cable. They will also be expected to have some video/projection knowledge to assist with that aspect of the department. Any candidate with advanced knowledge of low voltage RGB and Pixel Tape along with soldering and wiring skills will be strongly considered. An ability to work at heights, good night vision and hearing, and ability to lift 65lbs is required.
Starts January 2, 2018 expected through May 20, 2018.
Email letter, resume and references to: Daniel Earnest, Production Manager, Kansas City Repertory Theatre, at firstname.lastname@example.org AA/EOE
Ticketing Services Manager
Department: Marketing/Communications (MarComm)
Supervisor: Director of Marketing and Communication
Classification: Full-time/Annual, Salaried/Exempt
Range of Pay: $50,000 – $59,000/Annual, based on experience
POSITION SUMMARY: KCRep is seeking a highly motivated and passionate art’s enthusiast to join our rapidly expanding MarCom team. KCRep is the heart of a great theatre town and this position is integral to ensuring achievement of both our short term and long term strategic goals.
More specifically, the Ticketing Services Manager (TSM) is responsible for overseeing the ticketing component of Tessitura, KCRep’s ticketing/CRM system and ensuring optimal software utilization for all ticketing services functions. TSM will manage the Box Office team, ensuring Tessitura is being used effectively, efficiently and to its optimum benefit. The TSM works with the Director of MarCom to generate revenue through numerous subscription and single ticket campaigns and special ticket sales, and supervises all aspects of customer interaction surrounding ticket services activity.
- High level of attention to detail
- Project Management skills and the ability to regularly multi-task
- Strong sense of initiative and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A calm, professional approach under pressure especially when resolving customer service issues
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment in balancing competing responsibilities
- Exceptional organization skills, ability to set and meet deadlines
- With training available to support this goal — acquire and maintain a high level of knowledge around all Tessitura functions.
- Ability to work some irregular hours based on need and to occasionally work at offsite locations
- A deep commitment to first-rate customer service
- A good sense of humor and the ability to be nimble when obstacles are presented
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum four years’ exp. in customer service and/or sales, preferably in an arts/cultural environment
- Minimum three years’ direct box office exp., preferably with Tessitura in an arts/cultural environment
- Ability to quickly absorb and learn new technologies and the inclination to ‘jump-in’ and learn them
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience in using the standard Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and in written form
- Basic accounting and math skills
- A genuine interest in theatre and in working with the public
- Create, maintain, adjust daily sales reports on an ongoing basis as organizational needs shift
- Facilitate Tessitura implementation and operation to ensure the best usage of the system
- Manage high volume, on-sale days working with different stakeholders to monitor and troubleshoot any problems.
- Work with and support in-house IT point person to maintain Tessitura data integrity by working to create/maintain data standards, create/maintain security groups, create/maintain training plans and carry out user training, create/maintain internal Tessitura policies and procedures, implementing and promoting data entry best practices
- Responsible (with training available) for creating/maintaining custom reports for Marketing/ Communications department
- Provide analysis of data and contribute to the development of sales and pricing strategy
- Point of contact internally for all Tessitura issues related to patron ticketing services
- Learn to facilitate the generation of lists, data extractions, promo codes, custom reports and queries
- Any other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with/without reasonable accommodations.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life and retirement savings
- Robust performance management system incorporating formal and informal feedback along with career planning and personal development plans allowing for individual growth and career progression
- A deep commitment to a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Highly engaged senior leadership team and Board of Directors dedicated to long term financial success and overall artistic excellence.
If you are interested in the position, meet the minimum qualifications, and have a passion for the arts, please email your cover letter and resume using the subject line of the email Ticketing Services Manager to Amy Lebo, Director of Marketing and Communications at email@example.com