Assistant Director of Education – Kansas City Repertory Theatre seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Education. This candidate will play an integral role in The Rep’s strategic focus on expanding the breadth and depth of the company’s education programs. These currently include our student matinee series, in-school programs, on-site workshops, and pre- and post-performance talkbacks. In collaboration with the Artistic Director, Director of Education, and artistic team, the responsibilities of this position include support of current programs as well as leadership in establishing new positive youth development initiatives at The Rep.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in theatre education/theatre
- 2-5 years of significant leadership experience in youth theatre classes and ensembles including content design and teaching with a focus on positive youth development and life skills through theatre
- A demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Excellent verbal and writing skills demonstrating the ability to enthusiastically and articulately communicate with a wide range of audiences including students, teachers, patrons, teaching artists, donors, community partners and Rep artists, staff and board members as well as moderate pre- and post- show conversations with patrons and help prepare written materials
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with a strong eye for detail and accuracy and the ability to assist in the preparation of board reports, department data and revenue tracking, student matinee ticketing and invoicing, etc.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-heavy environment in close and professional collaboration with other departments with positivity and flexibility
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends in support of audience engagement with Rep productions
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook. Skills in a publishing/graphics program (Publisher a plus) and a ticketing and revenue data base (Tessitura a plus) are a bonus as is social media savvy.
- Optimism, energy, a rich knowledge of theatre and a fierce commitment to and clear understanding of providing high impact arts learning through the Rep’s productions and programs
KC Rep is an EOE.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Melinda McCrary, Director of Education, at email@example.com No phone calls please.
Projection Technician — Kansas City Repertory Theatre seeks projection technician for 2016-17 season. Candidate strives to stay adaptable in an ever changing technical environment. This include referencing equipment manuals as needed to accommodate owned and rented gear. Need not know everything but expected to take the time to learn when necessary. Responsibilities include assisting the Projection Designer, gear load in and set up, and operation of projection equipment during all KC Rep shows and special events. Position is part of electrics department and will serve as an electrician on shows without projections as directed by supervisor.
- Applicants should have 2 years professional theatre experience with Video/Projection operation.
- Detailed knowledge of projector set up, rigging, cabling, media server set up, system maintenance and troubleshooting required.
- Experience programming and operating Watchout and/or Green Hippo required.
- Candidate must have excellent computer and communication skills.
- Ability to work at heights, good night vision and hearing, and ability to lift 65 lbs required.
- Experience with ETC Eos family consoles and ETC Sensor Dimmers preferred.
Starts August 8, 2016 expected through May 28, 2017.
Email letter, resume and references to: Jerry Genochio, Producing Director, Kansas City Repertory Theatre, firstname.lastname@example.org AA/EOE
Digital Media Coordinator – Kansas City Repertory Theatre seeks an experienced full-time Digital Media Coordinator to handle all digital, mobile and web based marketing for the company. The Digital Media Coordinator position serves all departments of the theatre in the maintenance and development of the website, Email Marketing with creative design, and Social Media Marketing, as well as photography and video editing for social media.
- proficient in copy writing
- strong understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and HTML
- Familiarity with the Wordfly email platform,
- Tessitura and TNEW E-commerce platform experience beneficial, but not required
- experience with video editing experience beneficial, but not required.
Must be a self-starter with an eye for content creation and original editorial specifically designed for web and mobile channels, must also be able work in teams and self-supervise projects. Qualified applicants should apply to Lucretia Raby, Interim Marketing Director, Kansas City Repertory Theatre, 4949 Cherry Street, Kansas City, MO 64110. FAX 816.235.5508 or email email@example.com. No phone calls please. Kansas City Repertory Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
No other positions available at this time. Please check out our internship opportunities.