Be a part of our incredible work in Kansas City and join our team of passionate, dedicated artists, administrators and non-profit professionals. Current openings for full- and part- time career opportunities will be posted below:
The KCRep Production Department is looking to expand our pool of KC Metro area freelance designers (50 miles radius of KC) for our 20-21 season. Whether you’re a USA designer or not, if live close to KC, we want to know that you are there. Please send all resumes, portfolios, and websites to Dan Earnest, Production Manager at email@example.com.
The Artistic Producer will be a key member of the senior leadership team and serve as a thought-partner to both the Artistic and Executive Director. The Artistic Producer will be responsible for integrating all artistic programming into the operations of the theater while creating new systems and communication strategies that allow KCRep to produce work thoughtfully and at the highest level possible. The Artistic Producer will be the artistic lead in all communications throughout the organization and facilitate production processes across all departments.
- Line produce the season. This will include producing all productions and overseeing casting, rehearsals, tech rehearsals, managing financial resources, and collaborating with all departments to support the artists and staff engaged in creating theatre both on our stages and in our community
- Participate with the artistic team in season programming
- Provide season calendar oversight artistic projects and programs
- Lead casting for productions, workshops and readings both in Kansas City as well as partner with casting directors in other cities. Facilitate local EPA’s as stipulated by KCRep’s agreement with Actors’ Equity Association.
- Maintain responsibility for both the Artistic office annual budget as well as partner with the Production Manager to maintain the annual production budget
- Engage in weekly senior staff meetings
- Engage in weekly artistic staff meetings
- Co-lead with Production Manager weekly Artistic & Production meetings
- Coordinate the artistic staff’s efforts to scout artists and partnerships in the Kansas City theatre community.
- Supervise company management and ensure an excellent experience for all artists
- Be the artistic lead in communications with all departments related to the productions and serve as a primary point of contact for the artistic department
- Drive new projects forward, with a focus on building the infrastructure to support the theater’s community based projects
- Work closely with the Director of New Work, Director of Arts Engagement, and Director of Education to support their work and to ensure these programs are integrated into the theater’s producing processes
- Collaborate with the General Manager and Production Manager on artist offers and contracting
- In partnership with Artistic and Executive Director, work to connect the entire staff to the stories on our stages and the theater’s impact in the community
Attributes and Qualifications
We are seeking a visionary and inspiring Artistic Producer to join our growing artistic team as we work to build on our reputation for artistic excellence and meaningfully re-center KCRep in service of our Kansas City community.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A demonstrated a commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion principles and practices
- A demonstrated expertise in budgeting, producing and managing large artistic projects
- A demonstrated track record of leadership at other mid-size to large producing theaters
- Experience managing, motivating and inspiring staff to accomplish common goals objectives
- A demonstrated commitment to collaborative leadership
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – characterized by the ability to listen, speak and write well
- Experience with union agreements, specifically AEA and SDC
- At least 5 years working in the professional theater in a leadership role
- Integrity, honesty and good humor
- Bi or multi-lingual with preference for fluency in Spanish
The salary is competitive with other organizations of comparable size and stature, and commensurate with the appointee’s qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is provided that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, supplemental insurance and 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, list of at least three references (name, email, phone number, and relationship), and salary requirements, electronically and in confidence, to:
4949 Cherry Suite 404
Kansas City, MO 64110
A review of prospective candidates will commence immediately, and continue until the position is filled. Candidates of interest will be contacted. We regret that we’re unable to follow up with every candidate. No phone calls, please.
Additional Career Information
Career Opportunities at KCRep are also posted to local, regional and national job boards. KCRep is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to supporting diversity and equal opportunity in the workplace.