KC Rep seeks enthusiastic students for internships at Kansas City’s premier nonprofit theatre!
We’re focused on creating opportunities for collaboration between interns and experienced professionals – our interns have real projects and great mentors in our intensive semester-long programs. We are committed to encouraging and guiding our interns through the transition from student to professional, and we tailor every internship experience to our students.
As a nonprofit organization, we are only able to offer unpaid internships. We’re happy to work with your adviser to make sure you get college credit for your experience.
Basic Requirements For All KC Rep Interns:
• Ability to travel to our admin office and/or venues in Kansas City, Mo.
• Available at least 10 hours per week
• Enthusiastic personality and willingness to roll up your sleeves on projects
Interested in applying? We are currently looking for interns in the following departments:
Marketing & Public Relations Internship
Now accepting applications for Fall 2017
Kansas City’s premier nonprofit theatre seeks enthusiastic intern!
You will be a full member of our tight-knit department with real projects and real responsibilities. The only time you’ll be asked to go on a coffee run is as a friend – not a courier. You’ll be welcomed in team meetings and brainstorming sessions, and your ideas will be taken seriously.
Your internship mentor will provide training, guidance, and professional knowledge in the fields of advertising, marketing, and event coordinating. Projects will emphasize community outreach, digital marketing, content creation, advertising, and planning of events.
- College sophomore, junior, or senior
- Majoring in: Marketing or Communication (PR, Hospitality management, Journalism, Mass Media, etc.)
- Ability to travel to our Kansas City, Mo. office (located near the Plaza)
- Committed to working 15-25 hours/week for a full semester during office hours (9am-6pm)
- Enthusiastic personality and willingness to roll up your sleeves on projects
Who We’re looking For:
- Great communication skills – in writing, in meetings, and over the phone
- Experience in WordPress, HTML, CSS, video editing,
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Premier, Final Cut Pro, and Wordfly (or strong willingness to learn)
- Loves marketing/PR and has a passion for storytelling
- A strategic thinker who’s not afraid to pitch a big idea
What You’ll Do:
- Lunch & Learn sessions with staff members to learn more about marketing/PR careers
- Opportunities to network with other organizations in the community
- Research and analyze keywords for PPC advertising campaigns
- Create original behind-the-scenes content (written and multimedia)
- Provide support to social media and webpage efforts
- Organize and execute events for KC Rep
- And much more!
What You’ll Get In Return: College credit through your department. Free theatre tickets for a full year. More portfolio samples than you can shake a stick at. An amazing recommendation letter.
How to Apply: Send a short cover letter (in the body of the email, in your real human voice), your resume, and a link to online portfolio showcasing all your amazing talent (optional, but encouraged) to Rick Duplissie – firstname.lastname@example.org.